Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Face of of the Radical Loony Right, Breitbart Dead at 43.

Andrew Breitbart was a master at character assassin and conservative projection. His uncompromising bullying is now a political style that caught on among the authoritarian "leaders" worshiped by conservative voters. I don't necessarily credit Breitbart for ushering in this new age of political brutality, but he amped up the "loud" and "obnoxious" elements like nobody could.

Here's the Fox News announcement, short, along with Breitbart's dictatorial speech at the Capitol during the massive Walker protests. I've also included his rant that said everything about the current Republican Party member, 'we've got the guns.' All short bits, but worth noting.



Here's Sly in the Mornings announcement, a few more of the details, and a caller's interesting suggestion.




Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi: So Andrew Breitbart is dead. Here’s what I have to say to that, and I’m sure Breitbart himself would have respected this reaction: Good! Fuck him. I couldn’t be happier that he’s dead.

I say this in the nicest possible way. I actually kind of liked Andrew Breitbart. Not in the sense that I would ever have wanted to hang out with him, or even be caught within a hundred yards of him without a Haz-Mat suit on, but I respected the shamelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment