Jaws dropped after glancing over the Texas GOP's bizarro world platform. Secession was actually the least interesting part of their maniacal list of dystopian chaos.
Note: The most obvious takeaway? This platform is loaded with confusing conflicts and contradictions, rendering the whole thing useless.
Also, it shouldn't be lost on anyone how this contradicts the Gov. DeSantis' oppressive "play-to-the-base" platform, banning businesses the right to free speech (Citizens United) and self-governance (banning mask or vax requirement). Texas believes...:
A free enterprise society unencumbered by government interference or subsidies.
Yup, they like having it both ways.
God rules over America. So much for religious freedom. Since this is Texas, they can establish Christianity as their religion apparently, because only "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." And remember when Republicans said Democrats wanted to control Americans lives from birth to death? Well...:
1. Total Control of Our Lives
: “The laws of nature and nature’s God,” the sanctity of innocent human life, created in the image of God, which should be equally protected from fertilization to natural death
2. Don't Be Gay: "Self-sufficient families, founded on the traditional marriage of a natural man and a natural woman."
3. Preserve Corporate Power with no Cost or Public Health Controls: Insurance Rates: We support that all types of insurance rates, for example, health, life, title, auto, and homeowner’s insurance, should be set through free-market forces, and goods and services that are not transported across state lines are not subject to federal regulations, preempt local government efforts to interfere with the State’s sovereignty over business, employees, and property rights. This includes burdensome regulations on short-term rentals, bags, sick leave, trees, and employee criminal screening, city ordinances that dictate sick leave policies to private businesses. We oppose all efforts to classify carbon dioxide as a pollutant. initiatives, the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency, and repeal of the Endangered Species Act.
4. Return to Child Labor and Create 21st Century Slavery: Licensing: review all business/professional licensing programs, abolishing as many as reasonably possible and repealing those laws, rules, and regulations. We believe the Minimum Wage Act should be repealed. We oppose prevailing wage laws.
NOTE: Here's a personal favorite highlighting GOP contradictions:
5. Opposition to Regulating the Internet: We oppose all efforts to further regulate the internet in the United States or internationally.
Social Media Freedom: Push to limit the ability of online social media platforms to censor the speech of citizens in the new digital town square which they currently control.
6. Social Security Opt-Out: We support reform to Social Security that allows people to opt out.
7. Vehicle Registration: Vehicle registration should only be a one-time occurrence at the point of sale.
8. State Electoral College
: The State Legislature shall cause to be enacted a State Constitutional
Amendment creating an electoral college consisting of electors selected by the popular votes cast within
each individual state senatorial district, who shall then elect all statewide office holders.
In accordance with Article 1, Section 2, of the United States Constitution, we support an
actual count of United States citizens only, and we oppose Census Bureau estimates and the collection
of all other data.
10. GUNS and More GUNS...: Gun Carry and Possession Restrictions: We oppose any measure that would deprive someone of their right to possess firearms. This includes state legislation such as red flag laws, social media monitoring that targets gun owners, expanded background checks, mandates on personal firearms storage, and government-mandated location restrictions such as those in K-12 schools and 51% establishments, and Federal law such as PTSD-related restrictions and the National Firearms Act.
11. Redistricting: We support drawing districts based on eligible voters, not pure population. We
believe districts should be geographically compact when possible. We oppose any redistricting map that
is unfair to conservative candidates in the primary or the general election.
12. Homosexuality: We believe there should be no granting of special legal entitlements or creation of
special status for homosexual behavior, regardless of state of origin, and we oppose any criminal or civil
penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values.
No one should be granted special legal status based on their LGBTQ+ identification.
246. Gender Identity: We oppose all efforts to validate transgender identity.
13. Mandated Public Health Programs: We reject any government-mandated treatment, vaccination, or use of controlle substances of any kind. We call for an addition to the Texas Bill of Rights that explicitly recognizes the natural right to refuse vaccination or medical treatment and the right for such choices to not be a condition of provision of government services.
ALERT! Failed "Free Market" Health Care is BACK...remember, all the following "market-based" ideas made health care unaffordable, stranding over 40 million Americans without coverage:14. Healthcare Choice
: No government bureaucrat or insurance company should be allowed to
interfere with citizens’ freedom to choose their type of medical care. We demand the US Congress to
repeal the ACA and pass healthcare reform that results in more affordable healthcare through a market-
based, competitive, and transparent healthcare system, including but not limited to:
a. Tort reform.
b. Interstate competition.
c. Health savings accounts.
d. Genuine accountability.
f. Portability and extended COBRA availability.
g. Selection of coverage (rather than paying for coverage not needed or not wanted).
h. Price transparency of all medical procedures and drugs.
i. Medical expense sharing organizations.
Local, state, or federal laws, regulations, or policies that limit parental rights in the rearing of both biological and adopted children shall not be enacted. Parents have the God-given right and responsibility to direct and guide their children’s care and moral upbringing.
15. Pandemic Response: We call upon Texas elected officials to never again implement mass
lockdowns on the people of Texas in the name of communicable disease response. Texas officials shall
never again dare to presume that they know best how to medically treat Texans or prioritize the medical
treatment of Texans. Elected officials must never make command and control edicts that dictate to
healthcare providers how to do their job.
16. Pornography Crisis: The State of Texas shall recognize that pornography is a public health crisis.
And despite our labor shortage and low birth rates...
17. H-1B Visas: The Republican Party of Texas calls for the permanent end of the H-1B Foreign
Worker Visa program in the interest of protecting American jobs, classified technology, and national
18. Acknowledgement that the Church is a God-ordained institution with a sphere of authority
separate from that of civil government, and thus the Church is not to be regulated, controlled, or taxed by any level of civil government.
19. Homosexual Behavior: We affirm God’s biblical design for marriage and sexual behavior between one biological man and one biological woman, which has proven to be the foundation for all great nations in Western civilization. We oppose homosexual marriage, regardless of state of origin. We urge the Texas Legislature to pass religious liberty protections for individuals, businesses, and government
officials who believe marriage is between one man and one woman.
There you have it. This is what the current Republican cult looks like, and I heard that it's scaring even a few Republican voters...naw, they're loving it.