Saturday, May 4, 2013

Racine Teacher's personal experience in a Voucher School Failure.

This is short but sweet from the inside of a voucher school. More is promised by the author, Scott Schroder:
Caledonia Patch: Hi everyone. My name is Scott Schroder. I'm a teacher who lost a great science teaching job in Kenosha two years ago due to Scott Walker's 1.6 billion dollar budget cuts for public education. Finding no available jobs near Racine last school year, even though I totally oppose vouchers, I accepted a job with the failed St. John Fisher Academy in Racine. 

The school closed due to lack of funding and total unaccountability to the state for how schools spend voucher money. I have seen personally many of the faults with the whole voucher system and I believe vouchers are unethical and a very thinly veiled attempt to kill public education in the United States. I will  post information here as it becomes available. AMilwaukee Journal Sentinel poll today shows 64% of those responding oppose any expansion of vouchers.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that he has a little trouble distinguishing fact from fiction. Please be sure to visit the Caledonia Patch site to read the commentary on Scott's story and judge for yourself.

    http://caledonia.patch.com/blog_posts/eliminate-vouchers

    ReplyDelete