Wednesday, September 7, 2011

For Ryan, it's the old "hide behind your kids ploy."

I was casually checking out the great coverage of the Janesville Labor Day Parade at Rock Netroots, when I came across this amazing "hide behind my kids" ploy used by Rep. Paul Ryan. I nearly spit out my coffee:
I walked about half the route in step behind Paul Ryan and heard plenty of boos and jeers for him and saw individual spectators holding anti-Ryan signs along the Main Street parade route. I also noticed significant areas of spectators that did not acknowledge him at all … Speaking of Ryan, he was pushing a baby stroller during the event, which I think shows extremely poor judgment on his part if he believes in his own fear mongering rhetoric. 

As you can see by the screen capture, there's Paul waving behind the person in a blue shirt, and he's pushing a stroller.
Remember, Ryan referred to the labor protests in Madison … as riots similar to those going on in Cairo, Egypt … So why would he subject his young children to that potential for harm if that's what he really thinks of labor? 

Here’s a glimpse of those "union thugs" and "rioters" ruining Ryan’s ceremonial appearance at what soon could be the last gasping breath of labor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment