Sunday, June 28, 2015

Song "Take Down Your Flag" spreading across America

A great catchy song with a message:
As of Friday morning, more than 60 musicians, from the Midwest to Great Britain, had posted videos of themselves covering Milwaukee singer-songwriter Peter Mulvey’s political protest song “Take Down Your Flag.”

Mulvey wrote the song last Friday in response to the still-raging debate surrounding the flying of a Confederate battle flag over the Capitol in South Carolina, the state where nine people were shot and killed on June 17 in a historic African-American church during a bible study. “I didn’t see any of this coming at all,” Mulvey said in an interview Friday. “I was really just writing the song to keep a nostril above water. I feel like I’ve just been yanked from wherever I was. A current swept this song out of my hands and took it out way beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment