Thursday, February 5, 2015

Students Protest Walker cuts to UW!!!

Stunned UW students are now deciding to take action against Americas anti-education Governor, Scott Walker. And it may just turn into a wave of statewide protests. CBS 15:


Milwaukee: More than a hundred UW Milwaukee students marched against a $300 Million cut for the University of Wisconsin system.

Jill Hoffman is a junior at UWM who helped organize the demonstration. "I didn't know how large it was going to grow," said Hoffman, "but I knew, I couldn't sit around and do nothing about these devastating cuts." "I shouldn't have to worry about my education, and becoming the change maker that I know I can be and that I know I need to be, because of the proposed cut," said Hoffman. "UW System is an economy booster, it is essential to Wisconsin's economy," said Hoffman.

"There's so many of us here who are paying out of pocket, that you know, working multiple jobs, taking 18 credits," said Charlie Shanaver, a student with UWM College Democrats.

They say the budget shouldn't come at the cost of college students who will ultimately contribute to the state's work force.

No comments:

Post a Comment