Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Liberal's lobby The MIC to bring back Sly.

Check out this great article on Sly in the Morning at PR Watch. You're not the only one who misses the morning routine of listening to Sly, while pushing the kids out the door. Here's the first paragraph:
As a news hound and a mom, I have an early morning routine for catching up on developments while getting the kid ready for school. I head downstairs, snap on the radio, start making coffee, and packing a kid-friendly lunch. The kitchen radio is permanently tuned to 1670 AM WTDY’s "Sly in the Morning" show because I know that Sly has been up since 4 a.m. reading half a dozen state and national newspapers, scanning the front pages and the classifieds for the critical, the controversial, the funny, and the obscure.
By the time I drag the kid out of bed, I know what is going on in D.C., I know what is going on in Madison, and I have a jump on the day.
This Monday morning, I tuned in as usual and heard Christmas music. I was reminded that it is “Cyber Monday” and the station stands ready to provide “music to power shop by.”
Something was terribly wrong at WTDY.

3 comments:

  1. No kidding - my mornings are not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I count on Sly in the Morning for morning news and relevant interviews. While Sly was away, I knew I could count on that Peterson guy. Now what? I'll continue to read this blog for my Wisconsin local political updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed the "Give Sly the MIC" petition.

    ReplyDelete