Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rep. Sean Duffy Struggling on a measly $174,000. GOP sensing trouble, pull video...below.

Whine, whine, whine!! You've heard it before from those free market conservatives.
1. If you're struggling and can't make it on what you're paid, find another job.
2. You say you're struggling on a meager $174,000, when others have lost their jobs and make a third that amount now in some low wage job? You elitist ass.
3. You're a newly elected Republican Congressman in massive debt, seeking a sympathetic ear from another rabid conservative? Good luck.
That's the problem Rep. Sean Duffy had recently. The clip below shows Duffy whining about how $174,000 is making life tough on the young politician. Big deal? It must be, if the Republican Party of Polk County is demanding the video be pulled. Ooops. Too late:



TPM:
First the Republican Party in Polk County, Wisconsin, pulled the tape of Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) fretting about making ends meet on his $174,000 a year salary from its own website. Now they want it gone from the whole Internet. 
For a couple hours, the local county GOP was successful. But we've put an excerpt of the video back up. 
DUFFY:
"I can guarantee you, or most of you, I guarantee that I have more debt than all of you. With 6 kids, I still pay off my student loans. I still pay my mortgage. I drive a used minivan. If you think I'm living high on the hog, I've got one paycheck. So I struggle to meet my bills right now. Would it be easier for me if I get more paychecks? Maybe, but at this point I'm not living high on the hog." 
Note: Even MSNBC's Hardball had the video and played it.

No comments:

Post a Comment