Health Care for America Now: The Republican "plan" along with the 60 Plus Association ads are a reminder that there are two clear sides in this fight, insurance companies versus consumers. The Republicans are hoping that voters won't figure out which side the GOP is really on. The new health care law has many benefits, including:
• Requiring that insurance companies cover people with pre-existing conditions.
• Making it illegal for insurance companies to drop coverage for people who get sick.
• Cracking down on unjustified premium hikes.
• Placing a cap on out-of-pocket health care costs.
• Providing free preventive care.
When the Republicans say they want to repeal the health care law, they're talking about giving health care back to the insurance companies so they can deny our care, drop us when we get sick and jack up our rates whenever they please.
Their repeal proposal is as coldhearted as it is unworkable3 and would add $143 billion to the federal deficit over the next 10 years according to the Congressional Budget Office.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Health Care Reform Changes would Be tough for Americans to Repeal, if their smart.
I’m posting this because it’s important to remind everyone what could be repealed in the next congress if tea party mania catches on. Email: