Thursday, June 18, 2009

Big Ed Schultz has taken up the cause, Health Care.

For years I shouted into the radio microphone that the single most important money saver Americans will ever see, bigger than any and all Republican tax cuts, would be a universal or single payer health care plan. Listeners didn’t exactly call me crazy, but they did humor me call after call. Now I get to vicariously live through MSNBC's Ed Schultz (along with this blog).

Ed is crazy loco when it comes to the simple truths of reform, and the necessity of everyone’s right to coverage. To hear the nay sayer’s and ideologues hell bent on maintaining the for profit model of insurance, you would have thought they were losing badly on an issue most people will find detestably cheap and reassuring. I couldn’t help but post one of Ed’s rants because he’s so passionately out there. I also imagine myself at this same crazy stage if I were still doing talk radio. The bad news follows below, and is a simple reminder of why we need health care reform now.




AP- Employers who offer health insurance coverage could see a 9 percent cost increase next year, and their workers may face an even bigger hit, according to a report from consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.


Costs will rise in part because workers worried about losing their jobs are using their health care more while they still have it, the firm said in the report released to The Associated Press. The report also said rising unemployment is driving up medical costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment