Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fmr. Rep. Mickey Edwards on the Constitution, Right to Privacy and Bork

I've noticed lately that my job here at Democurmudgeon has gotten' a bit easier, with many thanks to President Bush, by allowing disenchanted conservatives do my talking for me. They seem to be echoing what a lot of the same themes liberals have been dealing with for years. That isn't to say "I told you so" either, but a realization that maybe we have a few more things in common than we could ever have imagined during this time of extreme "fight to the finish" partisanship. Here's former Republican Rep. and author Mickey Edwards, with a few points about privacy, the bill of rights and the Constitutions natural born enemy Robert Bork. I couldn't have said it better myself.



Co-author Ross Douthat brings it home with his book Grand New Party, with this passage; A party ideologically committed to small government may be ill equiped to run a large one." You'll love his explaination, and again, I'm letting another conservatives say what many of us have been thinking for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment