Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tea Party Candidates continue to Embarrass themselves, their voters don't care. Take Christine O'Donnell...

Is there any question how vacuous the tea party movement is? They're out there protesting, they're influential but they're as dumb as a board when it comes to the Constitution and the issues.

The media allowed conservatives to whine without explaination, solutions or what they would cut. So what other outcome could have resulted from their rise in popularity? Here, Christine O'Donnell can't think of one Supreme Court decision, or how the court decides what is constitutional. Think Progress:




One of the right’s defining traits is its belief that whatever policy it dislikes is not allowed by the Constitution. This is why GOP candidates make the absurd claims that everything from Medicare to Social Security to unemployment insurance to belonging to the United Nations is unconstitutional. The logic appears to be that, since they do not approve of comfortable retirements for seniors or international treaty organizations, the Constitution must forbid them. During last night’s debate with opponent Chris Coons, Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell added the First Amendment to the list of constitutional provisions that only means what the right wants it to mean:
However, where the question has come between what is protected free speech and what is not protected free speech, the Supreme Court has always ruled that the communities, the local community, has the right to decide. The issue with the 9/11 mosque — that’s exactly where the battle is being fought, by the community members who are impacted by that, and I support that.
Yet, in another exchange in the same debate, O’Donnell exposed her Palin-like ignorance of the Court’s actual decisions:

QUESTION: A United States Senator has the opportunity to determine, in a way, the make up of [the Supreme Court.] So what opinions, of late, that have come from our high Court do you most object to?

O’DONNELL: Oh, gosh. Give me a specific one, I’m sorry.

QUESTION: Actually, I can’t, because I need you to tell me which ones you object to.

O’DONNELL: I’m very sorry. Right off the top of my head I know that there are a lot but I’ll put it up on my website, I promise you.


Enhanced by Zemanta


No comments:

Post a Comment