Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Overrated Genius Rove Sputters Under Questioning

Bush’s brain Karl Rove made a strategic error thinking he could easily dismiss the media’s questions about his involvement in the prosecution of former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman on corruption charges. This over confident buffoon is not sitting with the usual gullible audience he had gotten used to in the White House. Near the end of the video, you’ll see this sick cornered nerd turn to goo with this exchange:

ABC's "This Week":

Rove: "I read about -- I'm going to simply say what I've said before, which is I found out about Don Siegelman's investigation and indictment by reading it in the newspaper."

George Stephanopoulos: "But that's not a denial."

Rove: "I've -- you know, I read - I heard about it, read about it, learned about it for the first time by reading about it in the newspaper," Rove replied.



What has struck me about this supposedly brilliant man is that he speaks in simple clichéd terms, not like some conservative intellectual. And anytime you think in such clichéd terms, I would expect a more instinctive sense of hate for the opposition, as opposite to a well argue conceptual disagreement.

The mere fact that he is still respected, and allowed to spew spin and propaganda in the media, is reason enough for anyone to lose faith in the fourth estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment