Friday, September 12, 2008

Letter to Editor: Palin "everywoman" For Vice President


It's all here in this letter to the editor in the Wisconsin State Journal. If you've wondered how Republicans think and are able to fall in line so easily with their candidates, especially Gov. Sarah Palin, this letter should give you some insight. I would called it, "idol worship." It innoculates the candidate from ever being held accountable for their words and actions. Look at how they are defending Bush, despite the mess he's created. This is a real letter, and scary.

Palin 'everywoman' for vice president
I had the honor of attending the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, and I saw a historic speech given by Gov. Sarah Palin. People have asked me who she is, and I would like to tell you who I think Sarah Palin is.
Sarah Palin is me.
Sarah Palin is my mother.
Sarah Palin is my sister
Sara Palin is my friends.
I see Sarah Palin in my 4-year-old daughter's big brown eyes.
Sara Palin is you.
If you've ever come home too tired to make dinner, you are Sarah Palin.
If you manage your household budget, you are Sarah Palin.
If you've adjusted your weekly food budget to pay for gas, you are Sarah Palin.
If you've ever encountered tough times and grown stronger because of it, you are Sarah Palin.
If you've ever been talked down to, you are Sarah Palin.
If you've ever risen above the name calling, you are Sara Palin.
If you've ever been underestimated because of your gender, you are Sarah Palin.
If you've ever had people look down their nose at you because they felt you weren't "good enough," you are Sarah Palin.
If you've made it through adversity, you are Sarah Palin.
Sarah Palin is everywoman.
I look forward to a vice president who knows what it's like to be a woman in America.
-- Erin Decker, Silver Lake

I hope somebody tells Hillary...!
Note: You can check more t-shirts like the one here,— at the Brewdog Shirts store on spreadshirt.com.

2 comments:

  1. But I don't want to be Sarah Palin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm Sarah Palin, and I'm not qualified to be Vice President either.

    Even though I DO know what the Bush Doctrine is. It's not that tough. I just watched the news and read my local newspaper.

    ReplyDelete