Thursday, December 18, 2008

Frm. Gov. Bob Ehrlich Supports Labor, Just Not the Labor Movement or Unions

Help me understand. Please.

Does former Gov. Bob Ehrlich thinks he's fooling anyone, except for the twenty percent or so drinking the cool-aid, into thinking labor doesn't need its group power to provide a level playing field to take on corporate power?

Gov. Ehrlich calls labors call for card checks "an abomination" and un-American.
"If people want to organize, that's fine, but let's do it in an American way."

What the hell does that mean. Open balloting for unionization is "un-American?" If he says so I guess. Chris Matthews put Ehrlich on the spot with this question: "Do you support the labor movement generally?
Ehrlich: "Do I support the 'labor movement,' or do I support 'labor?' I support labor. Do I support union bosses who represent the left wing of the Democratic Party only? No."
If your liberal, and if you're a Democrat, you don't have a voice in America. A fair wage and benefits are unfair and un-American. Never mind the reverse could be true if Democrats took the same position against conservatives and the "right wing" of the Republican Party.


We have allowed one political party to get away with calling the other, un-American, without correction or argument for too long. And I'll be honest, I'm not sure at this point these attitudes are reversable.

No comments:

Post a Comment