Saturday, August 8, 2009

"Dear Right Wing" Outreach May Not Be Enough...

Every once and awhile I find a blog that just lets its hair down, takes off the gloves and tells it like it is. That's what I found at Brandondawson.org. The irrational rantings of the far right are handily dealt with in his heart felt open letter to them:

OK, OK, I hear you. You’re so willing to blindly follow that maroon Beck, and are so convinced that you’re truly a “grassroots” movement, despite several of your number being publicly outed as connected to (fill-in-the-blank) the GOP, the Insurance Lobby, et al, that you’re willing to start a war riot over it.

You can have your way. Really. I don’t mind, with my self-employed, can’t get good insurance at a fair rate and with reasonable deductibles self. (And if I did, they’d just tear up the policy the second I got truly sick, but whatever, universal health care is EVIL, to quote your most coherent and able voice.)

So let me tell you what I don’t want to be spending MY tax money on.
I don’t want to spend MY money paving roads to your house. After all, I think you’re such raging assholes that I’ll NEVER want to visit you. You want to reach civilization? Better pick up a shovel!

And while we’re at it, I don’t care if your house is filled with crap, so I’m cutting off my funding for your socialized waste-water treatment as well.

I don’t want to spend MY money on “school choice vouchers” to fund your “non-denominational” (read: neo-Pentecostal) church schools, where you teach your children that the world is 6,000 years old, despite all evidence to the contrary.

I want nothing to do with your wars; And this has NOTHING TO DO with being Anti-American, or pro- whatever backward nation your talking heads have put the scarlet letter on this month;

And as you say, it is EVIL to make a man pay for something he doesn’t want or need because somebody else does. You’re right! Yet I pay for them anyway. I must be the biggest sucker on Earth.

And remember: while you’re (literally) fighting universal health care, the Chinese and Japanese are using it to make THEIR products more affordable and competitive in “THE MARKETPLACE”, and laughing all the way to the bank. That would just take away from your ability to take the biggest advantage of EVERY DAY LOW PRICES brought to you by the nations that will OWN YOUR CHILDREN in a hundred years. So I won’t. You fund your things, and I’ll fund mine. The money I save funding your SOCIALIZED WATER and ROADS and CHURCH SCHOOLS, I can spend on my health-care.

Do we have a deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment