Sunday, May 5, 2019

Trump's Trillion Dollar Debt helps Walker push "Balanced Budget Amendment," but exposes Fraud of Fiscal Conservatism!

It appears Republicans can say and admit to anything and get away with it. Republicans like Paul Ryan admitted point blank that the tax cuts would force cuts to Social Security and Medicare. Ryan and every other Republicans also said the tax cuts would not create deficits.

To policy driven conservative voters who never seem to connect the dots, former Gov. Scott Walker's solution to a problem, created by Republicans, is to fill that hole with the bodies of Americans along with their social(ist) safety net programs:   

Power of Propaganda: Walker is merely employing an old familiar scheme detail in this best selling authors book, Mein Kampf. In fact, the Trump presidency is nothing but reality shows marketing utilizing these "limited" "slogans," and "few points:"

That's why the "many-sided" slogans by Democrats aren't "retained" or "digested," like the "limited" and "harped on" slogans by Republicans.

Fiscal Consevative Myth Exploded, Debt used for Consumption not Investment: George Will is forced to admit the obvious in an effort to try and preserve his party's integrity, if that ever really existed. Still, I like what he admitted too, even though conservative voters probably never saw it:
Pursed lips and clucked tongues signaled disapproval among the wise and responsible when, at a recent televised event, Sen. Bernie Sanders, the “democratic socialist” from Vermont, did not plausibly explain how he would pay for Medicare-for-all. Yet Sanders is supposed to hew to some archaic standards of fiscal probity ... no discernible adherents in the avowedly conservative party?

Republicans, now thoroughly disarmed concerning the issue of fiscal probity, struggle to frighten the 2020 electorate with the specter of spendthrift socialists threatening the Republic. “The people who do the borrowing, which is to say elected officials, are not the ones who will do the repaying.”
Here's a reality I never thought I'd ever see a conservative admit to:
The temptation is real, to use debt not as a form of investment, but a means of consumption. From the founding until the fourth quarter of the 20th century, the political economy — the government’s taxing and spending — had been used primarily to provide “public goods” such as defense, diplomacy, courts, infrastructure, schools and basic research. Suddenly, however, the political economy became “primarily a provider of private consumption by individuals. 

In 1960, public goods had accounted for about 75 percent of federal outlays, while ‘payments for individuals’ were the other 25 percent. Today, they (private consumption) are 75 percent and still growing; public goods are now the residual 25 percent of our national government and shrinking.”

The new “borrowed-benefits” budget norm is financed to a significant extent by borrowing from nonconsenting future generations. The benefits are current consumption “and are not going to generate returns to pay off the borrowed funds.”

And the word that describes today’s belief, which fuels apocalyptic rhetoric, about the supposedly stark differences between the parties, is “nonsense.”

No comments:

Post a Comment